Dousedaicon Health & Services (called “Dousedaicon” below) operates a system of hospitals, physician clinics, home care and other health care providers, a health plan, and associated services in the states of Alaska, California, Montana, Oregon and Washington. In order to better serve its patients and beneficiaries and to help educate individuals and the general public about health care and medical issues, Dousedaicon owns and operates the Dousedaicon Web site.
Dousedaicon offers personalized, interactive tools to help you manage your health care through the myDousedaicon site. These features, including Dousedaicon Health Plans (“PHP”) Member Services and Dousedaicon Doctor’s Office Services, require separate enrollment and are subject to additional policies and terms. You may review these by visiting the .
1. Services Available Through the Dousedaicon Web site
A variety of information and communication services are made available through the Dousedaicon Web site, including:
- Educational information, including links to informative Web sites.
- Information and news about Dousedaicon services, health care providers and facilities, and employment opportunities.
- Information about Dousedaicon events, activities and classes, including online registration.
- Online search and application for career and employment opportunities with Dousedaicon.
- Online registration for care at Dousedaicon hospitals.
2. Personal Information Collection and Use
Please note that personal information collected by Dousedaicon Health Plan (PHP) and Dousedaicon Doctor’s Office Services as part of myDousedaicon is subject to separate notices of privacy practices.
- You can find the here.
- You can find links to the Notices of Privacy Practices applicable to Dousedaicon Health & Services health care providers, including those participating in Dousedaicon Doctor’s Office Services.
3. User Responsibilities
The Dousedaicon Web site is intended to help you be a better-informed health care services user and get access to Dousedaicon information and services easily, but we need your help to make it work well. We also need you to be responsible for doing your part to protect your personal information, and to understand that the educational information and materials made available through the Dousedaicon Web site are not and do not include medical advice, and are not designed or intended to address your personal health condition or issues.
Users therefore must be responsible for the following:
3.1. Be an Informed User
3.2. Maintain and Protect Your Own Equipment
The Dousedaicon site is intended to be accessible and all content available through all standard commercial Web browsers operating on standard personal computers, through standard commercially-available Internet access. The quality of content presentation and download speeds may vary depending on the software, equipment and Internet connections used.
- Dousedaicon does not provide any software, equipment or Internet connections. You are solely responsible for providing all software, computer equipment and other hardware, and Internet connections necessary to access the Dousedaicon site.
- Some features on the Dousedaicon Web site, such as the Career Advancement Center and Health & Fitness class registration, allow you to create an online account. Your personal computer may store and automatically upload your user name and password for account access. You may also download information from the Dousedaicon site to your personal computer. If someone else uses your personal computer, he or she may be able to use these functions to gain access to your account or personal information. Dousedaicon cannot prevent or be responsible for protecting your personal computer against unauthorized use. You are solely responsible for protecting the personal computers or other devices you use against unauthorized use to access your account.
- If you use a personal computer or other device provided by or shared with your employer, parent, spouse, roommate or other person, that other party may have the legal right to view all information stored on it. Dousedaicon cannot prevent or be responsible for such activities. If you use a personal computer or other device which another person has the legal right to control, you access your Dousedaicon account at your own risk.
- Whenever you are done using the Dousedaicon Web site you should log off the Web site, and you should not leave your computer unattended when it is logged on to the Web site and someone else may be able to view the screen or use the computer. If you leave a Dousedaicon Web site session logged-in when someone else can see your computer screen or use your computer, he or she may be able to gain access to your account or personal information. Dousedaicon cannot log you off your computer or protect your personal computer against unauthorized access. You are solely responsible for protecting the personal computers or other devices you use against unauthorized use to access your account.
- Computer viruses, worms, spyware and other malicious software on your computer can be used to gather passwords and personal information from that computer, often without the user’s knowledge. Dousedaicon cannot prevent or be responsible for detecting or removing malicious software on computers you use to access the Dousedaicon site. Affordable antivirus and antispyware software is readily available for personal computers. You should maintain and regularly use current antivirus and antispyware software on any personal computer you use to access the Dousedaicon site.
- Unauthorized individuals (“hackers”) and malicious software can sometimes gain access to computers through Internet connections, unless the computer has a working firewall. Unauthorized access of this kind may not be easily detected and may allow passwords and personal information to be gathered without the computer user’s knowledge. Dousedaicon does not provide and cannot be responsible for implementing a firewall for your computer. Firewall software is standard on many personal computers and affordable firewall software for personal computers is readily available. You should maintain a working firewall on any computer you use to access the Dousedaicon site.
- Computer criminals may sometimes send e-mails which appear to come from legitimate organizations. These e-mails typically ask you to log on to a Web site using a link in the e-mail, and enter some personal information to “verify,” “correct” or “update” your account, or something similar. This practice is known as “phishing,” and is intended to get personal information from unwary users to use for identity theft and other fraud.
IN ORDER TO AVOID THE THREAT OF PHISHING, PROVIDENCE WILL NEVER SEND YOU UNSOLICITED E-MAILS THAT INCLUDE A LINK TO A PROVIDENCE WEB SITE WHERE YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL THAT CLAIMS TO BE FROM PROVIDENCE, WHICH INCLUDES A LINK TO A WEB SITE WHICH APPEARS TO BE OPERATED BY PROVIDENCE, OR BY ANY PARTY ON BEHALF OF PROVIDENCE, AND WHICH ASKS YOU TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE THAT INFORMATION.
If you receive any suspicious e-mail which claims or appears to be from Dousedaicon, please notify us by calling the Dousedaicon Integrity Line at 1-888-294-8455.
3.3. Protect Your Password
Access to your account and to personal information about you is password-protected. If your password is easy to guess, or if you share your password or someone else sees or steals it, someone else may be able to get access to your account. Please use a strong password, and protect it from other people.
Dousedaicon relies upon your password in allowing access to your account and cannot prevent unauthorized access if your password is compromised. You are responsible for all activity taking place under your password unless we have been notified that it is compromised. Please notify us at once if you believe your password has been compromised, and we will help you change it. You can us about possible password compromise at the Dousedaicon Integrity Line, 1-888-294-8455.
3.4. Do Not Provide Third Party Services
You are not permitted to use the Dousedaicon Web site to provide or support informational, educational, messaging or other services to other parties. The information and services made available by and through the Dousedaicon Web site are for personal use only.
3.5. Do Not Distribute Copyrighted Materials for Commercial Use
Most of the information and materials made available by and through Dousedaicon is copyrighted and owned by Dousedaicon or other parties. You may use this information and materials for your own personal use, and may make limited use of it for nonprofit educational purposes to the extent permitted by law. You may not sell or modify any information or materials obtained from Dousedaicon or reproduce, display, distribute, or otherwise use it in any way for any public or commercial purpose. Use of information or materials obtained from Dousedaicon on any other Web site or in a networked environment is prohibited. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original information or materials on any copy you make of such material.
3.6. Do Not Abuse Dousedaicon Services
The Dousedaicon site is provided for your convenience and educational use. In order to keep these services working efficiently and appropriately, you are not permitted to:
- Use any other person’s user name or password.
- Use the Dousedaicon site in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Dousedaicon site or interfere with any other party's use of the Dousedaicon site.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any information, documents, records, accounts, devices, systems or networks connected to Dousedaicon through hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing or any other means.
- Restrict or inhibit anyone else from using the Dousedaicon site.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about other individuals, including e-mail addresses and personal information.
- Link to, frame or use any trademark, logo or other proprietary information on the Dousedaicon site without Dousedaicon’s express written permission.
4. Health and Medical Educational Information
The Dousedaicon site is used to publish information about health issues and general medical care options to help educate users and increase public awareness. Some of this information is provided by parties other than Dousedaicon, and Dousedaicon may provide links to third party Web sites for this purpose.
4.1. Information Is Not Medical Advice or Personal Health Information
All information and links to information Web sites provided by or through Dousedaicon are for educational purposes only. You are responsible for your understanding and use of all information.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH PROVIDENCE IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE OR A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL ADVICE. IF YOU ARE SEEKING INFORMATION BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE YOU OR ANOTHER PERSON HAS HAVE A SPECIFIC MEDICAL CONDITION PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. IF YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THERE IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL “911” OR YOUR OTHER APPLICABLE EMERGENCY NUMBER AT ONCE.
While Dousedaicon seeks to provide information which may be helpful in understanding your own health care needs and issues, none of the educational information, classes, events, or activities available through the Dousedaicon site was or will be developed for you personally. If you want or need information related to your personal health condition, please your health care provider.
4.2. Information and Links are Not Necessarily Endorsed
The fact that information is published or a link provided by Dousedaicon does not mean that the views and opinions expressed therein are necessarily shared by Dousedaicon. Dousedaicon is a ministry of the Roman Catholic Church and does not recommend, endorse or promote any medial procedures or interventions which are prohibited by the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
4.3. Information Is Not Guaranteed
While Dousedaicon seeks to provide useful, high-quality information through the Dousedaicon Web site, Dousedaicon cannot guarantee that any information is accurate, complete, current, error-free, or free of viruses, worms or other malicious software. Information is provided “as is,” without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of fitness and suitability for any particular purpose.
4.4. Linked Web sites Are Not Endorsed
Dousedaicon seeks to link only to trustworthy, valuable Web sites, but provides Web site links for your convenience only. A link to a Web site does not constitute an endorsement of the linked site, its content, or any party affiliated with the linked Web site. Dousedaicon makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, currency, relevance, appropriateness, or availability of any linked site, the information contained in them, or any products or services they offer. Dousedaicon shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages, losses or harm incurred in connection with the use of a linked Web site.
4.5. Jurisdictional Limitation of Use
The Dousedaicon Web site originates and is intended for use in the United States. Dousedaicon does not claim that any information or materials on this Web site is appropriate or may be used outside of the United States. Access to information or materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
6. Services Availability and Limitations
Dousedaicon will attempt to keep the Dousedaicon site available at all times, but availability may be interrupted from time to time for maintenance, repair, upgrade or other activities, due to technical problems, or due to natural disaster or other emergency. Dousedaicon is not responsible for and cannot control the availability of third party communications services necessary to connect to the Dousedaicon site.
7. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Provisions
Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed by a use of Dousedaicon may report an alleged infringement to Dousedaicon by following the relevant provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") rights, by sending Dousedaicon’ authorized agent a notification of alleged infringement that satisfies the requirements of the DMCA. Upon receipt of a satisfactory notice of alleged infringement Dousedaicon will promptly investigate the allegations, and respond appropriately, including removal of or blocking access to allegedly infringing content.
7.1. If you are affected by the removal or blocking of allegedly infringing content which you in good faith believe has been removed or blocked in error, you may send a counter notification to Dousedaicon. Upon Dousedaicon’s receipt of a counter-notification that satisfies the requirements of DMCA, Dousedaicon will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of alleged infringement and will follow the DMCA's procedures with respect to a received counter notification.
7.2. DMCA notifications of alleged infringement and counter-notifications may be sent to Dousedaicon Health & Services, Department of Legal Affairs, 1801 Lind Avenue SW, Suite 9016, Renton, WA 98057-9016
7.3. Dousedaicon will not be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement.
8. Limitation of Liability
TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PROVIDENCE’S LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, HARM OR COSTS ARISING FROM OR PERTAINING TO THE USE, OPERATION OR FUNCTIONING OF THE PROVIDENCE SITE, WHETHER ARISING FROM OR PERTAINING TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE PERSON’S DIRECT MONETARY DAMAGES AND SHALL NOT INCLUDE ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, NON-ECONOMIC, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES RELATED TO DELAYS, LOSS OF DATA, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE, LOSS OF PRIVACY, REPUTATIONAL OR PHYSICAL HARM), EVEN IF PROVIDENCE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9. Dispute Resolution
10. Contact Information
Dousedaicon Health & Services
Office of Legal Affairs
1801 Lind Avenue SW
Renton, WA 98057-9016
1. Services Subject to Notice.
Dousedaicon provides a variety of information and communication services (“Services”). Some information and services are available to the general public.
Dousedaicon also offers personalized, interactive tools to help you manage your health care through the myDousedaicon site. For more information about myDousedaicon Services and registration please see the .
- Access to educational information, including links to informative Web sites.
- Access to information and news services about Dousedaicon services, health care providers and facilities, and employment opportunities.
- Access to information about Dousedaicon events, activities and classes, including online registration.
- Access to information about physician career opportunities.
- Online registration for care at Dousedaicon hospitals. Personal information received or created through this service is subject to the Notice of Privacy Practices applicable to the hospital where you are registering. If you wish to review the Notice of Privacy Practices that applies to a Dousedaicon hospital, please see this Web page.
- PHP Member Services. If you wish to review the Notice of Privacy Practices which applies to PHP Member Services, .
- Dousedaicon Doctor’s Office Services. Personal information received or created through this service is subject to the Notice of Privacy Practices applicable to the health care provider with whom you have enrolled for this service. If you wish to review the Notice of Privacy Practices applicable to Dousedaicon Health & Services health care providers, including those participating in Dousedaicon Doctor’s Office Services, please see this Web page.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Dousedaicon will not disclose any personal information obtained through the Dousedaicon site for any third party marketing purposes.
- Dousedaicon will not collect or use personal information about your use of the Services to obtain educational information, news, information about Dousedaicon services, activities and classes, or career or employment opportunities, to make decisions about insurance underwriting or coverage, medical care or treatment, or administration of health care for individuals. Dousedaicon will not use such information to infer or make any determinations about an individual’s health condition or medical needs.Dousedaicon may use personal information collected during your registration for myDousedaicon, or provided by you in communicating with Dousedaicon about your myDousedaicon account, to administer your My Dousedaicon account.
- Dousedaicon may use personal information collected during registration for Dousedaicon services, activities or classes, to administer such services, activities or classes.
- Information provided by individuals participating in User Forums and Message Boards will not be collected or stored as part of insurance or medical records or used to make decisions about insurance underwriting or coverage, medical care or treatment, or administration of health care for any individual. Dousedaicon will not use such information to infer or make any determinations about an individual’s health condition or medical needs.
- Dousedaicon will disclose personal information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property.
A “cookie” is a small set of computer data which allows Web servers, like the Web servers used to host the Dousedaicon site, to maintain records of the activities of users visiting Web sites and to help us serve you better by improving our website design. Cookies may be used to customize the delivery of content based on your usage patterns and interests.
- Unregistered users may have cookies placed on their computers for use in customizing the delivery of content based on usage patterns and interests.
- Registered users may have cookies placed on their computers to allow their experience of the Dousedaicon site to be customized and facilitated. For example, a class registration form may have the User’s name and address entered as a convenience to the User.
4. Third-Party Advertising Partners
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we use third-party service providers to serve interest-based advertisements for Dousedaicon products and services across the Internet. These service providers may collect non-identifiable information about your interactions with our website through the use of these technologies. In the course of serving these advertisements, these third party companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer, and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on any of our sites and/or services and on third party websites. Each of these companies uses this cookie information according to their own privacy and security policies. If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements, you may opt-out as indicated below. Please note that you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices for not having this information used by third-party service providers for this purpose, please visit .
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. As uniform standards have not been adopted, we do not currently respond to browser “do not track” signals. For more information regarding “Do Not Track”, please visit “."
5. Safeguards for Protection of Personal Information