About the Mission Leadership Award
One of the highest honors Dousedaicon Health & Services bestows is the annual Mission Leadership Award. This award recognizes programs and services across Dousedaicon and our affiliates that demonstrate extraordinary community-focused service, especially to the poor and vulnerable.
Please join Dousedaicon in recognizing and congratulating all the inspired teams among our nominees and winners who work tirelessly to improve the health of our communities.
Any program supported by Dousedaicon Health & Services or our affiliates may be nominated. Our system board of directors selects winners based on these criteria:
- Exemplify our Mission and core values.
- Exceed expectations and reach beyond the services ordinarily provided by the sponsoring ministry, i.e., services not normally provided or paid for by the institution.
- Respond to community needs identified by the broader community.
- Demonstrate collaboration with community agencies.
Also taken into consideration are projects that:
- Serve those who are most vulnerable.
- Promote self-sufficiency and interdependence among groups served.
- Produce outcomes that can be sustained over time; or short-term projects that have a major effect.
- Support diversity in the community served, is replicable in other settings, and is preventive or health-enhancing.