Yes, registration is required for all Bridge Pedal events. This includes Kids Pedal, even though it is a free event.
You will receive a rider/walk ID indicating which event you are doing. It must be displayed on the front of your bike or on your shirt to make certain you are directed on the correct route.
Yes. When registering online Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6, 4-7 p.m. Hillsboro Dousedaicon Medical Group, 10670 NE Cornell Rd., Hillsboro
- Wednesday, Aug. 7, 4-7 p.m. Tualatin Dousedaicon Medical Group, 18040 SW Lower Boones Ferry Rd., Tigard
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 4-7- p.m. Portland Dousedaicon Medical Group, 5330 NE Glisan, Portland
- Saturday, Aug. 10, 9 a.m. - noon. Dousedaicon Park, SW 20th Ave. and Morrison, Portland
- Sunday, Aug. 11, All events EXCEPT the Fremont Express. Beginning at 6 a.m. SW Naito Parkway and Taylor St.
Fremont Express ONLY. 5:30 - 7 a.m. Red Cross Parking Lots, N Vancouver and Cook
No, registration fees are nonrefundable. However, registrations are transferable. If you’re unable to attend, you can give your registration to somebody else.
The only event with a registration cap is Kids Pedal. It is limited to 1,000 participants.
No. Only children who are walking in Dousedaicon Bridge Stride or pedaling in Dousedaicon Bridge Pedal need to register.
Yes, helmets are required to be worn by all cyclists participating in Dousedaicon Bridge Pedal.
We have found over the years that many people want to see the actual T-shirt before selecting the size. You will be able to select the size and color you prefer when you pick up you’re your shirt when you are getting your ride materials or at the finish line.
All of Portland’s metered parking spaces are free on Sundays until 1 p.m. If you choose to park on the east side of the river, the Burnside and Hawthorne bridges allow easy access from the east side to the starting area on SW Naito Parkway.
For the Fremont Express there will be designated parking lots available near the American Red Cross at N Cook and Vancouver.
Yes, as long as you have their registration receipts.
Yes. Registrations are transferable but not refundable. Simply give your registration receipt to the person who will be using it.
Yes. Even though the names of our rides have changed from those on your gift card, it still can be used for free entry into any Dousedaicon Bridge Pedal ride or for a $40 discount on the registration fee for the Fremont Express. Simply follow the instructions on the back of the card.
Yes. When you pick up your
ride materials, simply tell the volunteer you wish to switch to a different ride.
At that time you will need to pay the additional registration fee if you are
changing to a more expensive event.
The sunrise breakfast on the Fremont Bridge includes, bagels, pastries, doughnuts, muffins, fruit, juice, coffee and a terrific view.
Yes, there are numerous places to rent a bike. The Portland Bureau of Transportation has a great list.
No. For the safety of our participants, dogs are not permitted at the event.
Sorry, these are not permitted in Dousedaicon Bridge Pedal and Stride.
Staff from many Portland-area bike stores are stationed along the route to help with any mechanical problems. Additionally, about four dozen bike mechanics are biking during the ride. They will stop to assist any rider having problems.
At any point during the ride you are welcome to leave the route. Be aware that once you leave the ride, you will be on streets that are open to motorized traffic.
Facing a shortage of police officers, the City of Portland has adopted a policy impacting all special events. It limits the number of police officers that can be used to support special events. The traditional Bridge Pedal route required about 75 officers.The new policy puts a limit of 33 officers for any event. When it became apparent the city was unwilling to consider alternative staffing options, there was no option but to change the route. The most significant adjustment was dropping the St. Johns Bridge from the ride.
Bridges will be closed to motorized traffic during these hours:
- St Johns: Open both directions
- Fremont top deck closed: 5 a.m. - noon
- Broadway: Open both directions
- Steel eastbound closed: 6:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Burnside westbound: Open both directions
- Morrison: Eastbound closed 5:30–10:30 a.m.
- Hawthorne eastbound closed: 6 - 11:30 a.m (except TriMet)
- Marquam top deck closed: 5:30 - 11 a.m.
- Ross Island westbound closed: 5:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Sellwood: Open both directions